Friday, January 04, 2008

I am not a Republican


…but I am not a democrat, either. The more I think about it the more it seems that I am pretty much a centrist.

I tend to favor democratic moral and social issues, while favoring republican fiscal issues. At the same time, I favor some libertarian issues that don’t agree with either party. I guess that ultimately, I’m still an independent.

It is too bad that I don’t like ANY of the candidates. I don’t like the favored democratic candidates, and I don’t like the republican candidates. I guess I am not too worried about the republican candidates as I don’t think they have a chance this year. I think we are about to see a democratically controlled house, senate, and white house for a little while. As my friend says, the pendulum is swinging the other way.

At least Hillary got her ass kicked in Iowa. Obama came in first, with Edwards nipping on his heels.

Who is the least scary of the three? Hard to say. I guess it depends on what you want. I think Hillary is the scariest because she would do the most damage. I am not convinced that Obama knows where his loyalties lie. And there are at least some people that feel that Edwards got rich off of suing people to the point that he virtually spawned the practice of suing OB/GYNs off the planet.

Sorry, no time to rant on ‘em. Go find some other blogs, I am sure there are plenty of them that will give you the skinny (the good and the bad) on any of them.

No comments: