Friday, January 04, 2008

Vacation Time!!!


I’ve had a lot of time off lately and haven’t been around a whole lot. That’s part of the reason that there has been a lack of posting.

I spent a week up in Montana skiing and visiting with friends. I caught some sick powder up at Bridger Bowl. They had almost a foot of snow over night and then it continued to pound snow all day long while we were up there. It was one of those “epic” days you don’t get too often. I was boarding in some 3 to 4 feet of powder off the blacks. It’s a little surreal to not be able to see anything from your waist down.

After that it was Christmas time back here in Texas-land. We had a pretty good one and I was really glad that my dad was able to be there. He’s recovering quite well from his surgery, but he still gets tired out quickly. Every day is better.

Then, to follow it all up we spent the New Year’s weekend in Vegas. We had a fairly large group that went so it was a lot of fun hanging out and taking over the entire blackjack table for hours at a time.
At one point, we spent 11 hours straight of gambling!!! Many people have asked me if I was up or down and I looked at it like this:

I flew first class to Vegas
I stayed in an $1800 suite on the 39th floor
I spent 4 days and three nights there
I had more beverages than I could count
I had some good meals
And ultimately I had a really good time.

When I got done, I was out just a little over $200. I don’t think you can beat that!


We decended upon The Strip for the 2008 count-down!
WTF?
another WTF?
I suppose I am ready to get back to work!!!

No comments: