Thursday, December 27, 2007

Don’t Forget the Troops!!!

I admit it. I’ve been wrapped up in my own world quite a bit lately. I had a stellar vacation up in Montana in which I got some very nice time in on the slopes and spent time with my friends I don’t get to see too often. My dad is still recovering, but appears to be in the clear for which I am thankful. I got to spend time with my family on Christmas, and I’ve been playing catch up with work.

But…. Yesterday I was listening to the radio on my way to my folks house. They were talking about women who are involved with soldiers that are deployed to Iraq. It ran the gambit from women that were loyal and dedicated to those that were cheating on them (deplorable).

One argument the host presented is that if these people really loved their spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend / whatever, is that they wouldn’t have enlisted and went off to Iraq. I have to admit, I can listen to most of this stuff on the radio and it never phases me but I got pretty bent over this and had to turn it off.

Ultimately, though, I got to thinking about our men, women, boys and girls over seas. You may not agree with the war. You may not support the war. But please, support the troops over there that don’t exactly have a choice. Many of us have friends and family over there that we cannot be with this time of the year. Take some time while you are sipping on your eggnog and playing with your kid’s new Wii to give pause and just think about them for a moment and be thankful that you are able to get your buzz on without having to worry about being shot at.

No comments: