Saturday, December 08, 2007

Things and Such as they Are

I’ve taken a break from being heavily involved in political debates for the last few weeks and it’s been a bit refreshing. Other than reading a few blogs here and there that keep me up to date, I’ve kind of just ignored everything.

I guess this is extreme apathy, but I’m so disgruntled with everything that I don’t even know where to begin. I certainly feel that our government is not interested in what the people want nearly as much as their own agendas (whatever they may be).

The presidential elections aren’t too far off and there is absolutely nobody running that I want in office. Great. Since I’ve been of-age to vote I’ve never seen any candidates that I truly believe in.

*sigh*

Other than that, Christmas is coming around again!!! It seems like it wasn’t that long ago that I was wrapping up my niece’s gifts. Of course, yesterday it was over 80 degrees and I have been on the ‘Priller every day this week. It’s kind of hard to get in the spirit with that type of weather.

That also means I’ve been home almost a year!!! Not too long ago I looked up how many flight miles I had racked up, and it was somewhere around 38,000 miles. Considering I was racking up 90,000+ a year this is a fairly significant change and I am certainly happier with my job because of it. Averaged out, I spent about 1.5 weeks out of the month on the road. This is pretty significant compared to 45 weeks out of the year spent on the road. So these are good things.

I just got off vacation from Thanksgiving, and now December is here. I am heading out of town next week to a client’s site, then I get back for one day and am heading up to Montana to see my friend’s and do some snowboarding. Then I get back for Xmas, then off to Vegas for New Year’s!!! So lots of traveling over the next month, but it’s mostly for having a good time. I’m sure my credit card companies are going to love me.

No comments: