Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Halloween is Upon Us....

Apparently people have an easier time picking out costumes for their ferrets than I have picking one out for me. It's just hard for me to get into the season anymore. I used to enjoy Halloween. Getting dressed up and playing make believe like a big kid is generally fun. Now it's a chore.

For personal reasons, I'm just not into the spirit of things so it's difficult to be creative. Then there is the whole issue of having all my stuff in TX. Back home I could whip out a costume fairly easily. Here, in MT, I have to figure it all out and then figure out how to put it together and even where to buy it at..... only so that it will probably never make it back to TX to be worn again. And let's face it, I'm a cheap bastard so that doesn't work very well for me from a financial perspective.

But, thankfully, I do have friends that want me to come to their parties. The only caveat, of course, is that I have to be in costume. I've asked friends for some help on this one and I have gotten all kinds of responses. Just go as yourself..... and then say you are a serial killer (the problem with that one is that I might just freak out on everyone.... you can never tell with us quiet types). One person suggested going as someone that is tired. WTF?

I'd like to do my Big Lebowski one again as there several people here that would get it... but again, all my stuff is in TX. What to do? I have a couple of ideas that I might be able to get away with at a cheap cost. We'll see....

Until then, I'll just get a laugh out of these ferrets. No, I don't really have an obsession with them, but you have to admit it's pretty damned funny in it's own twisted, warped, way.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, you really DO have a ferret thing, don't you?