Friday, October 10, 2008

Just updating....

It sure seems that many of my entries have been about politics lately. As much as I don’t want my site to be considered a “political” blog it is obviously something that is important to me. Combine that with the upcoming elections, the economy and the bailouts and I guess you can expect to see a fair amount of entries on it.

But that’s not all that is going on. I’ve been working my ass off in CA this last week. I had a terrible experience with my client and am trying to “fix” things. I spoke to someone here and told them about my solar panel analysis. They didn’t think that $25+ thousand dollars, 3000 sq. feet of solar panels and an 18-year ROI was that bad. Freaking Californians.

But the weather here has been great. I got me another convertible and the morning and evening drives are great. I pretty much don’t see the car beyond that because I’m putting in 12+ hour days with clients….but not tonight. I am going to go somewhere and have a “beverage” and a decent meal.

And what is it with drivers out in CA anyway? You are cruising down a highway marked at 65mph and people are driving 50 or 55 all over the place. Back home if you are on a highway marked 65 you better be doing 80 or you’ll get ran over. I don’t get it.


Last night I had my beverage out on the back lawn overlooking the valley. There were dear grazing in the yard below where I was. They didn’t seem to care I was there. I went out for dinner and tried this Sushi place I hadn’t been to in a while.

I valet parked the car since there wasn’t anywhere else to park and went inside. Then I left. Why? Because they wanted $24.00 for a freaking bowl of soup!! No, I am not kidding. Sushi rolls were anywhere from $20 ~ $35 a roll. I told them I was appauled at their prices. I think they were high as kites, but the place was packed. Hey! If they can get morons to pay three times as much as other places then more power to ‘em, but I wasn’t going to do it.

I went to another place in Saratoga – still pricey but I had a bowl of soup, some sushi, and a small saki all for $20.00.

I have been opening the windows at night. It’s cool outside. I was worried about not having screens on the windows but surprisingly I haven’t had any bugs fly in the room and try to eat me alive – even with the lights on. Did CA outlaw bugs?

No comments: