Friday, March 07, 2008

Say Goodbye to Bush

Black Bush that is, not George Bush. Last night, I poured myself the last little bit of some Irish whiskey that I picked up while in Ireland over 7 years ago. The whiskey is Bushmills Black Bush and was aged 11 years at the time I bought it. That made it about 18 years old, and it traveled with me from Ireland back to my home here in the U.S.


For the last few years, the last bit of that bottle resided in a very cool decanter that Bling! bought me one year. Every now and then I’d have a little bit – neat. Maybe with an ice-cube, but nothing more. Last night I poured the last of it. It was incredibly smooth and rich and while I was sad to see it go, it went very good.

If you ever get to try a near 20-year-old bottle of whiskey, give it a shot (no pun intended, and that would be a waste).

No comments: