Monday, March 17, 2008

Mo Green!

I’m in the middle of a two-week trip that has me out to Montana and then San Jose, CA. Maybe its coincidence but I feel like I’ve been completely bombarded with “green” thinking since this trip began.

It started off with the entirely “green” issue of the Delta magazine that they have in the seatbacks of the airplane. The whole issue was dedicated to environmental issues.

Then, it seemed like every time I was flipping channels on the TV there was someone being interviewed about how catastrophic environmental change is going to be!!! Yes, even though we’ve seen a definitive downward trend in the temperatures people are still preaching doom and gloom. Only now, it’s not “global warming” it’s “climate change” because people are catching onto the fact that “warming” isn’t exactly happening.

Then, when I was up snow boarding I heard multiple people talking about how the ski resort wasn’t “green” enough and wow! Look at the effects of global warming – right in the middle of a nice snow-dump late in the season.

I even recall partially reading one article that a guy has written about climate change. He thinks that we can get back to pre-man Co2 levels in about 10,000 years. That’s an interesting thought because pre-man there were Co2 levels that were less than they are today, and there were Co2 levels that were significantly higher than they were today. Which ones do you think he is referring to? I find it interesting that the Co2 theory folks tend to virtually ignore scientific analysis of greenhouse gases.

But it’s all good. I made sure the hotel didn’t wash my sheets and towels while I stayed there…..

No comments: