Sunday, March 02, 2008

Are You High? Yes, but at Least I Know What Time it Is!

I was leafing through my latest edition of Forbes. Forbes, take note – you are getting to be just as bad as any woman’s magazine that is littered with ads and has no real content to the magazine.

My dad and I are always astounded by the prices of watches. He is far more analytical about his watch(es) and reminds me of how he has some cheap watch and how much time it loses (or doesn’t lose) over the course of time. Between us, I have the most expensive watch at about $100.00 for a titanium Skaagen watch. I love it because it’s small, and very lightweight.

But Forbes was highlighting some of the expensive watches. I am not talking about Rolexes….those don’t even cut it by these standards of extravagance.

It’s a NOTOS Martin Bruan at $29,950. This was the least expensive watch in the article. That’s not $29.95 or even $2,995. That’s twenty-nine-thousand dollars. Are you high?

So I keep reading…..

A Horological Machine No. 1 at $150,000

A Bugati Type 370 at $200,000

A Vulcania HD3 at $375,000

And the winner….at over $1million dollars (for a fucking watch??!!!??) is a Aeternitas Mega 4. I actually exclaimed out loud “Are you fucking high?” Forbes goes on to list the features, but I don’t even care at that point. A watch. A watch that you wear on your wrist that costs over $1million dollars.

What does it cost to build an atomic clock?

No comments: