Sunday, June 24, 2007

If You are Going to Turn, then TURN!

One thing that really frustrates me is when you are approaching an intersection and you want to take a left-hand turn, and the driver coming the opposite direction wants to take a right hand-turn.

It should be simple, right? We all learn when that unless there is an arrow to protect our turn that the driver taking the right-hand turn (i.e. oncoming traffic) has the right of way. So why do drivers continuously yield to the person taking the left-hand turn and just sit there looking like a moron? Now both vehicles are 1/2-way into the intersection and nobody is moving.

This drives me crazy. I've gotten to the point that if the oncoming driver pulls this crap, I take my left-turn anyway. I'm not going to sit in the middle of the intersection while the light changes colors and sticks me out there to dangle in the proverbial wind because they had to fiddle-fart around and wouldn't turn.

No comments: