Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fooked at the Airport

I had a quick, two-day trip up to St. Louis and back. My original plans were to fly in on Tuesday, then meet with my client on Wed, and fly back late Wed. night. However, after it was all locked in the client said they couldn’t meet Wed. So we did everything on Tuesday afternoon and evening.

Wed. rolls around and I figure there isn’t much point in sitting around at the hotel, and since I have to checkout at some point anyway I decided to head to the airport and grab an earlier flight.

As it turns out, everything was booked up and they best they could do was standby. Ok, no problem. Except two other flights had mechanical delays so now I am at the back of a VERY long standby list. My flight out is not until 7:45 this evening. (BTW – did anyone just catch that I changed verb tense?). So here I am….sitting on my arse without anything to do. I can’t get online because there isn’t any Internet access, here. A whole day wasted. Maybe I’ll get lucky and still grab an earlier flight out.

No comments: