Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My Laptop is Blown Up!

Well here I am, stuck in Chicago, and my laptop is having major issues. Last week we had some good thunderstorms and even though I keep this thing on a UPS and all that it must have got hit with something.

The HDD spins and spins even though I have a gig of memory. Windows boots up sometimes, crashes others. A checkdisk took over 7 hours and found "nothing wrong." Umm...yeah, right.

If windows does boots, it takes about 30 minutes. Want to switch between emails in Outlook? Give it a good two to three minutes. Don't even try anything fancier than that.

Fortunately, I have backups..... and if I can get this thing online when I get home I'll back it up again and then I'll probably wipe it out and re-load it.

My last-ditch effort prior to this is running some 3rd party hard drive utils, which I don't have with me up here. So if I am not writing much, you know why!

No comments: