Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Some Blog Updates.....

Long time no post!
I have been working on a project for my company that has been taking up a lot of my time. Not only has it been taking up a lot of my time, but it's courseware development. I'm co-writing a course with some colleagues of mine. I can't say that I like it much as most of the course focuses on sales, and I'm not a sales person nor am I trained in sales techniques. I've been researching and writing a lot for the last week. As you can imagine, the last thing I really want to do is get back on the computer and write some more. That's why I haven't updated anything in a while.

North Texas is Closed.
For the last week we've had sub-freezing temperatures along with rain and ice-storms. Now, before you Yankees go and criticize people for not knowing how to drive in this stuff let's get something straight. We don't get snow and we don't get snow that packs down into ice. Both of which you can get some traction on. We get nice coatings of ice that are smooth as glass.

A four-wheel drive vehicle just means that all four wheels are spinning. We also don't get stuff like this very often so we aren't really equipped to deal with it. They make an effort to sand the overpasses and bridges, but let's face it.....there are 6.2 million people covering about 100 square miles. You can't possibly get it all.

And of course you get the idiots that don't know how to drive in drizzle, much less a sheet of ice. Of course there are going to be accidents. This is where working from home is both a positive and a negative. I don't have to drive in this crap, but I also can't call in and say I'm not going to make it because it's too dangerous out there.

Tales of the 'Priller
I spoke to several lawyers about my ticket. Most of them all agreed that I was screwed. The City of Fort Worth does not allow drivers ed, or MSF, to take care of a ticket if it's more than 25mph over the speed limit (mine was 29). They also don't allow deferred adjudication. But one lawyer said he could probably get it so I took a chance and mailed them my stuff along with $40.00. I'll post more information as I find out what is going to happen.

I also took my bike to get it inspected and they said "no way" because my front tire was practically bald in some spots. At least they didn't charge me, but I had to get new rubber spooned onto the rim. This, of course, gave me a great excuse to work on the bike during a rainy and cold Saturday afternoon. Now that the tire is on there I still can't ride it because of the weather. Once it clears up I should be good to go!

Interesting Thought
What if people were telepathic. Some people believe that it exists, but I've never experienced it that I am aware of. Unless someone really is controlling my mind and I just am not aware of it. In any case, let's say that telepathy not only existed but that we used it as a primary means of communication.

Would humans experience flocking behavior similar to other animals or would we still tend to primarily act as individuals? And what if we could stream our conscious mind to others? Would there still be a need for creative artistic expression such as paintings and music? If you can visualize it, or "hear" it in your head and then stream it, why paint it or play it? Of course, then it would only be a fleeting moment in time. Isn't everything really a fleeting moment in time anyway?

Light Switches, Alcohol, and Women
What is it with women and turning mean when they drink anyway? I know some guys that get mean, but it's a progressive behavior. They get mean over time as they get more drunk. But women are like a light switch. One minute they are fine and then BAM! they are mean, vicious people that become verbally and physically abusive. I'm not talking about just getting mad, I'm talking about getting unreasonably mad, and then there is nothing you can do to squelch it....except maybe get ran over by a steamroller. They'd probably be pissed off at you for that as you wouldn't' be able to drive them home or something.

Of the guys that I have spoken with about this, they have ALL experienced it. I've never met a guy that did this. Oh sure, been out drinking and one guy gets pissed over something but he doesn't turn into a raging, psychotic, lunatic....and you can usually talk them down somehow or another. But with women, once the switch is hot you are fooked. End of story.

2 comments:

Miss Carnivorous said...

My sister's sweet but she is the meanest drunk on the planet. She will say the most horrible things to people. She will tell another woman that she's a dog.
I, on the other hand, as you know from my blog am mean when sober. I am the nicest drunk. I love everybody and think everybody else is nice and pretty. Go figure!

-bRad said...

That's me. I'm pretty melow when I drink. I am far more likely to be crazy and out of control when I am sober.

I bet you have a mean streak when you are drunk and someone starts ranting about conservatives, though. ;-)