Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bar Stools and Light Dohickeys

For years I have not had dining room table. I have a foosball table instead. Yeah, I know it's kind of like the whole "Friends" thing, but we really do use the table. That basically means that I haven't really had a place to sit down and eat. I have a bar in the kitchen, but never had stools.

Even prior to not having a table I could never find any stools that I really liked. They had to be comfy, they had to be sturdy, and they had to look "just right." Ever sit on a bar stool that your feet can't rest on the lower beam? I hate that.


So for years I had been looking, and of course I was also on the road for years. But I finally found some and had them custom ordered. Since some friends were asking about them, here is a picture. I had two maroon / wine colored ones and one navy blue one to add some color and break up the monotony. So far they are very comfy and I think they look good, too.... I may order another one if I need it, but they were pretty pricey.

As for the light dohickeys..... here is a picture of the light hanging over the foosball table:

It's about 9 years old. The little crystal looking things are fracturing from years of heat / cold. It's a halogen, so it burns a bit hot. Here is a closeup of the little crystal dohickey things:

One might ask why i am posting this. I am doing it because I have been unable to locate new crystal dohickey things for this light. It's discontinued and nobody seems to have anything like it. So if you know where I can get some, please write and let me know. It's either that or I'll have to have them made, or make something new to replace them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your choice of bar stools. I found some really cool retro chrome bar stools at americanchairs.com. They have a great selection.

-bRad said...

Thanks for the tip Lena!!