Friday, February 03, 2012

To Sag or Not To Sag

Ever since sagging became a fashion trend I pretty much thought it was stupid. I’ve heard that the origins come from prison. One theory is that inmates that are initially put into prison are automatically on suicide watch and therefore cannot have a belt because they might hang themselves. Since they have no belt, their pants would sag as the prisons have fairly universally sized clothing. Another theory is that the gay men in prison would sag their pants to show the other inmates that they are willing and able. Regardless of which one is true, or even if neither of them are true, I’ve always thought it to be a retarded way to wear your clothes. Why anyone would intentionally wear clothes that were so big on them that the clothes would get in the way of simple things, such as walking, is beyond me. I was once told that I was a fashion victim. I disagree – if you are slave to your clothes YOU are the fashion victim.

But now, I have become the sagger. Or a sagger. I’m not quite sure how you say that. I’ve lost so much weight that my jeans often won’t stay on my body even with my belt taken in four or five notches. Since I conceal carry this is a good thing and often it takes my belt and a loaded gun to keep my pants somewhat in place. No gun and you can rest assured that my pants will pretty much fall off of me and I have trouble keeping them on.

I don’t mean to sag, and I am constantly pulling my pants up. It’s driving me crazy, but I’m also a cheap bastard and hate buying new clothes when my jeans are still (somewhat) wearable. Also, what happens if I become a fat bastard again?

No comments: