Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cold Pizza and CableTV

Last night I was pretty wiped out. I wanted nothing more than to get a good NYC pizza and kick back to watch a flick. I had brought my NetFlix movies with me and was going to watch them.

The first thing I did was hook my laptop up to the TV via an HDMI cable. No problem there, even if the TV couldn’t support the resolution I was using. Then I popped in my BluRay disc and…..nothing. Apparently, the piece of crap software provided by Dell wants to go out to the Internet and download 54MB of updates before it will play a disc. Over my crappy hotel internet connection this just doesn’t work, so it won’t play anything. I fought this for about ½ and hour while my pizza got cold.

Next, I took a non BluRay disc and popped it in hotel provided DVD player. So far so good, until the disc started to pixilate and then stopped working altogether. I popped it out, but it didn’t appear to be particularly dirty or scratched. My guess is that the DVD player is old and abused and has gotten bumped one too many times.

So I resigned myself to watching whatever I could find on the cable channels, eating my cold pizza and having some wine…..

No comments: