Sunday, August 23, 2009

Banned From Guitar Center Part II

I got a response back to my letter that I mailed to the Guitar Center executives. True to behaving like a bunch of pussies they elected to forward my letter to the Arlington store and not answer it directly. And of course, the letter that I received had no return address on it, which is fairly ridiculous considering I know where it came from.

Here is the letter that I was sent:

Hello *NAME*
I received a copy of your complaint letter from our main office. It does seem like the situation could have been handled more professionally on our end. We will use this as a training tool for the front door staff and management of the store. We do care about our customers experience and please accept my apology for the bad experience you received July 18th. You are not banned from the store. We do have a procedure of verifying inventory leaving the store. So, if you do shop here, don’t be surprised if you are asked to present your receipt upon leaving. You can refuse, and hopefully you won’t be confronted the same way.

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this further. I did not have your phone number, otherwise I would have just called.

Thank you,

*NAME*
General Manager
Guitar Center *CITY*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude: does not read at ALL like a form letter. Sounds like a normal human to me.

There is no Texas law about wearing a Nazi tee-shirt in a synagogue either. But common sense and maturity says don't. Let me try to figure this one out .... hmmm ... thinking real hard ... wait, I've got it: the store is trying to stop people from stealing! Wow, that's evil. Grow up and stop looking for things to rage against.

-bRad said...

I suppose IQ levels are dropping across the board. Did you read some ghost writing that indicated anything about a form letter? Because I didn't write anything that indicated that it was a form letter. You just gave anyone reading your comment reason to dismiss it outright because you clearly weren’t paying attention or don’t have the comprehensive skills necessary to understand what was written.

Secondly, you have obviously been misled by the mainstream machine that is retail shopping. The #1 cause of loss is employee theft, not theft by shoppers. Did you even read the letter I wrote to G.C.? Because if you did then I clearly indicated that I didn’t have a problem with the policy of being asked to show a receipt. Again, I’ll refer to my first paragraph here.

And if you feel that standing up for your rights is immature, then please continue to be a pussy and allow people to walk all over you and take your rights away. I won't do it.