Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rude People

People are just rude. When I was on this last trip there was this lesbian / dyke chick and her son / daughter. I’m not sure if it was a boy or a girl for sure one way or the other. It looked like a boy, but she / he had fingernail polish on so I wasn’t sure.

We were all on the flight together and not-so-oddly enough ended up at the same car rental agency once we landed in San Jose. I was in a pretty foul mood at this point because although I had spent about 20 hours traveling my client had left me VM while I was in the air that the project was postponed. I figured I would go ahead and get the car and get something done while in CA. I needed a morale booster so I got a convertible. They had a red Mitsubishi for rent so that’s what I got.

Right before I signed the paperwork the agent next to me said “where did the red car go?” I looked up and it was the lesbian and her son / daughter standing there. We figured out that I had just swiped the red car. They had two others so I asked the lady if she really wanted the red one. She said yes. I didn’t care either way so I told the agents to give her the car and I’d take another color. The agents were a little put off by this but re-did the paperwork. I took a burnt-orange one (cooler color anyway). Through all of this the dyke-chick didn’t say one word to either myself or the agents. Not a quick thank you, not anything.

I was half tempted to tell the agent “fuck her rude ass, give me back the red one.”

No comments: