Friday, July 01, 2005

...Escape is at hand for the traveling man.

That's a line from a Hip tune. Don't know who The Hip is? Do a google on The Tragically Hip.

Anyway, travel travel travel. I sure seem to do a lot of that. I guess it depends on how you look at it. When I am in Montana I am not always in a plane or what-not, but I am still not at home. However, the last week I took off from Montana to Chicago for a technical course, then flew from Chicago to my real home (DFW). In four days I'll fly back to Chicago and then back to TX, then back to MT. Whew....

Just WHERE do the airlines get their statistics from? I have flown most major airlines (except SouthWest) and almost all of them are freaking late. You can't get a direct flight out of Bozeman, MT to anywhere....and the first flight was late. Then the connecting flight was late. The flight from Chicago to DFW was also freaking late. Out of the last 10 flights I have had I think ONE of them was on time. That's only 10% so I don't know where they get this 80% on time crap. And another thing..... (for those of you who may be in the airline industry) leaving the gate on time and then parking the goddamned airplane on the tarmac for an hour while you suffocate inside a tin can is NOT an on time departure.

To top that off, they didn't get my luggage on the flight even though I was at the airport three hours early. So, I had to wait on two more flights from Chicago before I could pick up my luggage! I wanted to slug the guy at the taxi stand when I said where I was going and he told me another driver would be along in a minute....so I start looking for another taxi. One that would leave NOW. And he asks me "Are you in a hurry?" NO - of course not. I want to stand outside in the heat for a few more minutes even though I have already been delayed, delayed, delayed. HELLO? What is wrong with people?

So, now...here I am. At my REAL house. I took the 'Priller (Slang for Aprilia - my bike) out for quick spin and bite to eat. I am very glad to be home for a bit. I feel displaced no matter where I go, now. When I am here, I am lonely and feel strange. When I am in MT I feel lonely and strange. To top it off, my favorite plant died. :-(

Things could be worse. My bike started on the first try, no broken pipes in the house, etc. Tomorrow I'll check things out when I can see better......

No comments: