Monday, January 05, 2009

Welcome to 2009!

Belated Happy New Year to everyone. We had some unseasonably warm weather a day or so ago. It was in the 80’s. Here it is, the new year, January 3rd and we were having an 85 degree day.

In some ways, that was OK because it was my gf’s bDay and we went to the Dallas Arboretum. It was pretty packed since it was so nice out. Overnight it got down in the 40’s. I came home and my house was a cool 62 degrees!!! Apparently the heater had decided to stop working.

The induction motor’s pressure switch has failed so the unit won’t turn the gas on and blow any hot air. The weather has since gotten colder and is now hovering around 31 with freezing rain. Fortunately the switch is getting fixed today as it is a balmy 55 in my house this morning. I had to change my normal routine of drinking the juice of life (aka Dr. Pepper) to a cup of hot chocolate to try to warm up. My fingers are a tad cold, so it’s a bit hard to type at the moment.

It’s also my first day back at work. I have about a bazillion emails to go over. I think about a third of them are scheduling me for work so I’ll have to skim them carefully and start tweaking my calendar.

Oddly enough, my last week of vacation was almost all work. Not for the company, but for everyone else (including myself). I helped several friends and family members out over the last week with computer / network related problems.

And of course the big story right now is Israel. The one thing I am astonished by is that the little bit of press coverage I keep reading and hearing about continuously scolds Israel for attacking Hamas and lists all the civilian casualties. They talk about how Israel is not cooperating with the U.N. (which is a joke anyway). What is barely talked about is how the Hamas attacked Israel and continued to do so. They barely tell you that the Hamas are sending missiles into Israel randomly – that means they don’t care that they are attacking civilian targets. The Israelis are only trying to attack Hamas military, but those chicken shits are hiding amongst civilians.

Personally? I hope the Israelis wipe out the Hamas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh just to be able to read your blog with.....out.....having.....to......scroll.....to.....every....word... lol