Thursday, January 22, 2009

Death Socks

Everyone should have a pair….

Photobucket

And why do I have a pair? I wear them when I ride my mountain bike. They go particularly well with my bike shoes…. Yes, more specialty items. The right socks, with the right shoes, which are just for biking. My g/f says that I have a special tool for everything. Trust me, there are a lot of things that I don’t have.

I’m riding a lot because I am getting ready to go snowboarding and I want my legs to be in shape. I remember the first time I ever went skiing (I didn’t snowboard then). I was trying to figure out my budget so I asked my friend how many days we thought we’d ski. He said maybe two or three days. We were going to be there just over a week. What?? Why only two or three days? He said it was because I’d be too sore to ski more than that.

Fuck that. I was much younger and already in better shape, but I started rollerblading and working out every single day. Sometimes I’d rollerblade over 10 miles a day at least three days a week. It paid off. I went skiing and was up on the mountain all but one day. I wasn’t sore or particularly tired after a good day on the slopes. Of course, I didn’t ski very well either as I was learning. But I did a black run before my first week was up. The other folks were too sore to ski so they did other things.

I plan to board about four days out of the week that I’ll be on vacation. I have to get my legs in shape therefore I am back to blading and biking. And if I am going to bike, I need the right socks….

No comments: