Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vacation – Costa Rica

Photobucket
I just got home from a second trip to Costa Rica. We had a great time and for once we didn’t get too caught up in trying to do a ton of things. I think I slept and dozed most of the first day. We spent a lot of time hanging out by the pool or on the beach. Our house was kind of odd, but the main level of the house was open, like a tree house, which was really cool. Since it was built up on the side of a hill we got a great view and breeze off the ocean and monkeys would routinely come into the house looking for food or just to steal our stuff.

Photobucket

I also tried to learn to surf. I did OK, but it’s far more difficult than it looks when you are just learning. Mostly it’s exhausting fighting the waves to get out there and then trying to time the wave just right so that you catch it. I was pretty wiped out, but had fun and even caught a couple of waves here and there.

Photobucket

No comments: