Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It Ain’t Cancer

Today, just after getting all the news about having to have surgery to fix my tooth I get call from my doc. I had a physical last week along with some lab work. They called to tell me I had diabetes and that I needed to come in and discuss treatment. It’s hard to explain exactly how I felt then as I was pretty much in shock and my mind was blank. I can’t say I’m doing much better now, either.


I’m going to ask that the test be re-done. I find it hard to believe that my diet and / or lifestyle directly led to it, but it’s entirely possible that I was predisposed to it due to genetics. Since I am adopted, I’ll never know for sure. I also think that the stress of having all the dental work done as well as the cocktail of drugs I have been on may have had some effect, though I could be mistaken.

I feel like I am being kicked in the teeth.

No comments: