Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trial Canceled!

Does anyone remember this?
http://invioletlight.blogspot.com/2007/01/my-first-speeding-ticket-on-bike-that.html

When that all went down I had a heck of a time finding a lawyer that would work with me on the ticket. Mostly because I was too far over the speed limit to qualify for things like defensive driving, etc. It wasn't looking good.

But, James R. Mallory took the case. I "hired" him back in 2007 shortly after getting the ticket. I didn't expect much, and figured that the worst case would be that I'd have to just pay it.

About a week ago I got a letter from Mallory. The citation has been dismissed!! YEA!!! I don't know why it was dismissed, it doesn't say. It only says that the trial was cancelled. I'm not complaining.

Lesson learned? You may not always get out of it, but it might just be worth it to pay the fee for someone that deals with traffic tickets all the time.

No comments: