Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Seven Words You Can’t Say

George Carlin died yesterday. I loved George Carlin. His crass and cynical New York sense of humor really appealed to me for some reason. Maybe it’s because I am such a smart-ass myself.

He had a different way of looking at things and sometimes that perspective was very refreshing. He was one of the comedians that was relentless with profanity and how ridiculous our society is about its use or restriction of it. I won’t write his biography here, you can read that somewhere else. He died of heart failure at 71. I think he impacted a lot of lives, whether it was to make someone laugh or to piss them off.

Ironically, I found humor in the CNN marquee scrolling by on the TV during lunch. It read “George Carlin Dies” and I could just hear Carlin saying “BULLSHIT! He’s already dead! He’s not dying, he’s not in the process of dying, it’s over….it’s done with….so stop prolonging it.”

Carlin didn’t believe in God and religion but I can’t help but to say Godspeed Carlin.

Here is a quick tribute:

The Seven Words:



Religion is Bullshit:

No comments: