Monday, April 23, 2012

Tooth Owie – Finale

Last week I went in to get my crown. I had failed to post a minor update in which I went in to get the impressions done for my crown. It wasn’t that big of a deal, and the only thing really interesting was that they had to put in a larger healing cap than what I original had put in. I even have a cool x-ray with the temporary fitting so they could take the impression. It looks pretty medieval.

But, after all that they were able to put my permanent abutment and crown in without too much difficulty. When they took me back for my appointment the assistant asked if I was ready. I replied, “I’ve been ready since July.”

That’s how long it’s been since I’ve had a #10 tooth – July of last year. When the put the permanent abutment in they used a teeny tiny little torque wrench to get the setting “just right.” Then they glued the crown on and I was all done.

They did a great job of matching the color and alignment. I’m just not used to having a tooth there! It feels a little alien to me, but I’ll get used to it again. Right now I’m just happy to have a tooth again!
Photobucket

No comments: