Saturday, November 05, 2011

Meh…

I received a few emails and comments that I need to update my blog. One of my friends specifically referred to me as a “loser.” For not updating it, I suppose, but then again I have several friends that call me a loser from time to time. Why are they my friends? Sometimes I wonder…..

But lately, I just haven’t much in the way of drive or motivation. I thought I might be slightly depressed, and I suppose it is still possible. I asked my doc if the meds I am now taking cause any depression and he said it wasn’t a known side effect. However, he did say that if my blood sugar was too low that could cause me to not feel like doing a whole lot.

I don’t believe I updated my blog, but the last time I had my blood work done my A1C and non-fasting glucose test were below normal….even for someone that is not diabetic. That’s good, but we needed to tweak my meds again.

But, back to not being motivated. It’s kind of hard to explain because, as I said, I don’t feel particularly depressed. In my head, I am still writing on the blog, still writing music, etc., but I just don’t have the motivation to actually get up and do anything about it. Hence, why the blog hasn’t been getting updated very often.

I haven’t hardly touched my guitars in the last month or so….and it doesn’t help that I have spent most of that time on the road for work, which is exactly where I am right now. I’m in a little town called Sandy, Utah. It’s about 12 miles south of Salt Lake City and we just got a good dusting of snow. Perhaps I should rephrase that. It’s a “dusting” for areas that get snow. Back home in Texas it would probably shut the state down. Ahh….soon it will be time to break out the snowboard, get it waxed, and pack up for some snowboarding!!!

I’m sure I’ll overcome this lack of motivation, but it could take some time. It doesn’t appear to be going away quickly and perhaps I am just freaking tired – I was on the road for I don’t know how long, and am now on a four-week-straight road trip. I get home for Thanksgiving, and then leave again for another trip. That’s too much. The other night I literally was disoriented when I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn’t know where I was, the layout of the room, or even what town I was in. Sad.

No comments: