Monday, June 06, 2011

Riding Hot

I haven’t gotten to do much riding lately, and to be honest, I seem to come up with excuses. Time is a big factor, and of course I can’t carry much on the bike. It’s also gotten to be summer time in Texas which means it’s hot. Not your Northern “my pussy hurts because it’s 80” outside crap either. 99+ pretty much every day.

I also don’t ride without gear on, so it’s a lot of effort to put on all my crap just to go to lunch and be completely soaked in sweat. Still, I wanted to ride so I took the bike to my g/f’s house Friday afternoon. Now, it’s not an exciting ride slabing it down the highway, but it’s still nice being on the bike….or is it?

Well, I wasn’t 10 miles from my house and I got hung up in construction traffic, 4:00pm traffic AND two wrecks….. I finally got through all that and hauled ass for a few minutes before I hit downtown Dallas. Normally, I jump on the HOV and I’m gone….but there was another wreck on the HOV so it was closed. How in the hell do you have a wreck on the HOV? It’s one lane, all moving in the same direction with almost NO onramps. Morons. To top it off, there was another wreck or so on the main highway. So I was stuck in first and second gear almost the entire way…in all my gear…when it was 99 out…and idling down the highway. Soaked in sweat, not happy, but something keeps me riding…..

No comments: