Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kudos to Visa Claims Services

Over a year ago I bought a Denon DVD up converting DVD player. It wasn’t exactly cheap, and it was before Blue Ray and HD DVD started having the serious wars. Just after the standard factory warranty was up the player started having problems.

I had remembered that Visa had a program to extend the factory warranties on products if you had made the purchase on your Visa card, which I had. I called them up and went through a fairly simple process of getting them a repair estimate so they could decide if they wanted to fix the player or replace it. I had a harder time getting the repair estimate than I had dealing with Visa. Visa even extended my deadline because I have been out of town so much.

When the repair estimate came back at just under $200 I was secretly hoping they would tell me to replace the DVD player with the new model, but they said to go ahead and fix it. I got the player back and it works great (btw – it had to have the entire laser transport assembly replaced!). After faxing the full invoice to Visa they had me a replacement check within the week!!

Thanks Visa!

No comments: