Sunday, February 25, 2007

Walking on Eggshells



Lately, I am losing my patience for walking on eggshells around my friends. I have a handful of good friends. And of that handful, for whatever reason, lately, they have all been borderline testy, stressed, emotional, you name it. Maybe it's global warming. Maybe it's something in the water. Maybe it's the gravitational pull of the moon.

Now, I'll be the first to admit I have a bit of a harsh personality. I tell it like it is. I tell you my opinion. I do not always posses the ability and fortitude to know when to keep my mouth shut. And if you are going to hang out, you better have thick skin, but I expect it back just as much as I dish it out. this is not new. But lately, about five or six of 'em are all hypersensitive and have been for a while.

I can deal with one or two of 'em, and for a week or so...but when it starts dragging out for months and I literally cannot be myself I start having trouble maintaining patience. I guess we'll just have to see how it all works out....

No comments: